We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Defines, develops and qualifies new wire bonded as well as flip chip semiconductor packages and maintains quality of existing packages.
- Manages package feasibility and integrity analysis with emphasis on mechanical, thermal and electrical simulations
- Working with cross functional teams, factories and other engineers, manages the package life cycle process. ·
- Responsible for generating and maintaining various packaging specifications, Bill of Materials and reports. ·
- Represents Package Engineering in cross-functional teams and ensures that packages are characterized, qualified and introduced into production in a timely manner while meeting all mechanical, electrical, performance, reliability and quality requirements. ·
- Coordinates with factories and contract manufacturers worldwide on the high volume introduction of new packages and assembly processes.
- Manages assembly yield improvement and package cost reduction programs. ·
- Responsible for maintaining package road maps for the product lines supported.
- This position requires a candidate with MS / PhD degree in Mechanical / Materials Engineering or equivalent with several years of relevant work and packaging program management experience.
- Hands-on experience working on various aspects of wire bonded as well as flip chip semiconductor packaging and assembly required.
- Knowledge of electrical aspects of packaging and some signal and power integrity (SI / PI) analysis background a strong plus.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Cadence APD, Finite Element Analysis, Design of Experiments, statistical techniques and package failure analysis techniques required.·
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.