We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate competitive intelligence activities across the corporation.
- Research competitive trends, including products, roadmaps, partnerships, government policies, strategic customer relationships, utilizing various internal and external resources and information services.
- Solicit the reactions and perspectives of internal domain expertise.
- Integrate the internal and external perspectives with our department’s own; and help drive company-wide alignment on market views and strategic context.
- Create and deliver impactful analysis and that highlight key findings and convey product, industry and strategic implications in a clear and concise manner to senior management.
- Participate in the continual improvement of existing report formats; collaborate with key functional areas of the company to identify process, content, and insight improvements.
- Exhibit strong teamwork within and beyond the Strategy team to drive company-wide success.
- Integrate tools and best practices into function; help build scalable capabilities in the company.
- Support onboarding of new Market Intelligence team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or computer science. Data management training a plus.
- 5 -10 years of experience in high technology, especially in storage (corporate strategy, product management, technology management).
- 3-5 years in the high technology industry with full-time focus on market research, competitive intelligence, or data analytics.
- Knowledge of storage industry
- Technical understanding of flash memory, controller, function/features of enterprise and hyperscale requirements, systems and eco-systems
- Ability to quickly synthesize various viewpoints and provide key takeaways and impact analysis
Computer, Software, Tools, Equipment, and Machinery Skills:
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint, email, internet, intranet, phone
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with others who may have ongoing competing priorities and viewpoints, including company employees in other countries.
- Effectively communicate and defend decisions to others, including senior management.
- Present credible image.
- Maintain confidentially of sensitive information.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.