We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
An incredible opportunity for an experienced surface science engineer to focus on media characterization and analytical support with ESCA and other surface analysis techniques.
- The Media Analytical Services surface lab supports WD magnetic media R&D community with problem solving and bench-marking analyses, as well as methods development.
- Theoretically-grounded and hands-on ESCA skills are required, background in other techniques such as TOF-SIMS, XRR, and chemical analysis are plus.
- The successful candidate will apply his/her expertise in surface analysis to provide timely support to critical media interface measurement, characterization, and contamination root cause.
- The successful candidate will perform tasks to include analyzing samples and data, developing test objectives and statistically sound analysis strategies, processing data, and reporting results to customers.
- Personal interaction skills, excellent communication, and an energetic, inquisitive mindset are critical traits.
- Flexibility in work schedule is required.
- Ph.D. in analytical chemistry or related fields (materials science/engineering, surface science, organic chemistry, etc.) is preferred. MS and BS graduate with extensive experience will be considered.
- Hands-on experience in surface analysis and UHV systems such as ESCA/XPS and TOF-SIMS.
- General knowledge of organic chemistry, basic Matlab, Minitab, LabView, and statistically six-sigma techniques.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law