This FTE position is responsible to provide IT Site Support to Western Digital employees, located at its headquarter in San Jose, CA. The qualified candidate will be responsible to providing support services for PCs and Macs, mobility, audio/video equipment, working with 3rd party vendors, evaluating policy and process and work on IT projects, as assigned. It is anticipated that the qualified individual will be spending 70% of his/her time working on end-user support, and 30% IT projects and other areas within IT.
The candidate will be performing varying degrees of problem determination, root cause analysis and resolution of desktop hardware, software problems, and support items pertaining to mobility. The candidate will be responsible to make effective use of available technical resources and provide the service within established service level agreements.
• Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop/mobility problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions.
• Manage and maintain ticket queues and meet SLAs for incoming tickets.
• Support software / hardware rollouts and refresh items.
• Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations/mobile devices and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
• Assess the need(s) for and implement performance upgrades to end user workstations/mobile devices, including the installation these upgrades (for example memory).
• Provide technical guidance to other members of the team.
• Collaborate with the Global Service Desk, other IT groups, and 3rd party vendors to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop/mobility environment.
• Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding desktop/mobility problems.
• Perform subject matter expert duties to other support teams when needed.
• Use tools, e.g. SCCM, for troubleshooting to resolve client issues.
• Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop/mobility operations.
• Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
• Interface with third-party support and equipment vendors
Associate Degree in information technology, or related field (or equivalent experience).
Minimum of 3 years of IT Desktop Support experience.
Experience working in a global company.
Strong technical skills in supporting x86/x64 platforms, Windows 7, Windows 10, Macs, iOS and Android devices.
Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities and core applications, including PC diagnostics, SCCM, Symantec End-Point Protection, Cisco VPN.
Experience working in an Active Directory environment including SCCM (SMS).
Experience with Mac OS X; JAMF is a plus.
Experience working with 3rd party vendors in both support and contract areas.
Knowledge navigating 3rd party vendor applications ad websites.
Concentrated focus on defect reduction and quality of services.
Excellent customer relations and customer support skills.
Experience working in a team-oriented, global, collaborative environment
- Certifications in Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 7, Windows 10)
- Certifications in Microsoft Office applications (Office 2010, Office 2013, O365)