We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Technologist System Design Engineering. Technical integration, and verification lead in an Enterprise Solid State Drive (SSD) product development group. Apply systematic and analytical engineering approaches to the SSD product life cycle from the design and prototype phase through mass production in a cross functional environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review of product specifications, provide cost/performance competitive NAND memory solution
- Participate on leadership forums for the product development team
- Staged and Prototyped Infrastructure
- Product Configuration Definition
- System Level Failure Analysis
- Prototype SSD bring up and debug
- Analyze and characterize designs via engineering verification testing
- Support of New technologies - development, characterization and integration
- Problem solving at all phases of product development
- Develop, verify, and implement algorithms for the drive test process
- System Design & Validation. Participate in Firmware command sequences design and validation. Firmware feature verification and validation for enterprise SSD products.
- BS or greater in Electrical Engineering required
- 12+ years in an Engineering Design
- A highly disciplined approach to problem solving
- Data analysis skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member across multiple projects in a result-driven environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in storage devices or related industry is a benefit
- Experience with SAS/SATA/PCIe interface protocols is a benefit
- In-depth knowledge of product development and maintenance through-out product life cycle is a benefit
- Experience with Microsoft* Office* tool suite is desired
- Ability to travel (up to 25%)
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.