We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The key role for this position is to prevent compliance issues (EMI/EMC/ESD and Safety) of Western Digital eSSD products to the regulatory and customer requirements. This position requires collaborating with design engineering, by analyzing design data, participating in design reviews, identifying and resolving product and design issues by design best practice and/or simulation. This position requires an excellent fundamental concept of EMI/EMC and global standard/regulatory and testing techniques. This person will need to understand the Western Digital eSSD products and critical design solutions that impacts regulatory compliance. He/she will be part of hardware release team, where designs are checked for compliance issue through either simulation or DRC. He/she will determine compliance by establishing compliance test standards; conducting and witnessing tests; performing diagnostic procedures; measuring performance; analyzing and evaluating findings; performing forensic analysis of failures; troubleshooting failures.
He/she will have to develop compliance plans by researching, analyzing, selecting, and applying compliance engineering concepts, approaches, techniques, and criteria; adapting and modifying compliance engineering options; developing and evaluating new compliance methodologies. He/she will have to work with the external lab for test definition, test setup, test results review and troubleshooting in case of any failure. As a subject matter expert, this person will be the main focal point to review customer requirements and support from both internal and external team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary Product HW platform Execution lead from Planning to LVM
- Primary Interface to Program Management for HW Updates on Technical Interface, Risks Analysis
- Provide HW Configuration options for Trade off analysis to PMO/SE/SA. Work Closely with SE/SA to identify the best solution for the HW product
- Product Architecture /Feasibility
- Product Configuration
- Provide requirements to HW stakeholders (DE, SIPI, MECH, THRM etc.) Coordinate their requirements with external cross functional groups.
- Escalate resource Issues to Functional Managers and if not resolved to the Department Head
- Coordinate and close loop with HW stakeholders on Product HW requirement (PRD/DRD)
- Ensure that all HW Product requirements are met as per the DRD
- Lead all HW technical issues with support from HW stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate with external Cross functional teams (ASIC, PM,EPM,SE,SA,FW,NPI,MFG,PE) on HW Requirements and Dependencies
- Co-ordinate Customer Specs and RFQ feedback to APPS
- Participate in Cross Functional Reviews
- Arbitrate and resolve Technical issues and provide resolution to issues within the HW Organization.
- Ensure the design process is followed and there are no exceptions. If exceptions are there, Waivers can be requested from the Dept Head.
- Track and ensure closure of engineering status, issues.
- Responsible for planning and working with EPM, PM, FW, NPI, HPE, to execute builds and any cross functional dependencies.
- Familiar with the Product development life cycle from concept to manufacturing
- Be Self-directed with ability to review changes and weigh in tradeoff between engineering resources
- Status/ Exec communication. Dashboard management and tracking
- Ensure all HW PLC process and checklists are followed. Help improve the process to improve efficiency
- Drive HW functional managers/ Design leads for day to day activities to meet overall program objectives.
- Provide timely resolution and critical path management
- Identify product specifications and standards compliance requirements, margin and risk analysis.
- Bachelor degree in Electronic Engineering, computer engineering or equivalent
- At least 8 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position or Master degree in Electronic Engineering, computer engineering or equivalent
- At least 5 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Working knowledge of PCB and mechanical design for EMI/EMC
- Working knowledge of EMI/EMC simulation tools, such as CST.
- Working knowledge of EMI/EMC tests and requirements
- Familiar with reviewing schematic and PCB board file
- Familiar with the different regulatory requirements for EMI/EMC/ESD/Safety
- Ability to trouble shoot or resolve issues related to EMI/EMC compliance
- Knowledge of SSD or with background of HDD would be desirable
- Excellent documentation skills including record maintenance/ tracking and understanding of document traceability
- A detail-oriented individual, and the ability to work in a team environment, as well as individually
- Familiar with signal integrity, power integrity and RF shielding are desired
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.