We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In this position, the individual will be responsible for analyzing, designing, coding and debugging firmware for the next generation of Client SSD products.
- The individual will be engaged in the FTL Firmware development for the NVMe PCIe product.
- This position requires a BSEE, BSCE, or BSCS (MSEE, MSCE, MSCS preferred) with 10+ years of related experience in Firmware development.
- The individual must have detailed knowledge of RTOS and microprocessor architecture, and the individual must be comfortable working with hardware.
- Must have proven experience of Firmware development for embedded systems, proven experience in developing embedded Firmware in the storage world.
- Experience with logic analyzer is a plus.
- Knowledge and expertise in assembly language coding is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written skills are required to communicate ideas successfully to various levels of Firmware engineers, managers, and test engineers.
- The individual must demonstrate advanced coding skills in C, effective debugging techniques, and analytical skills both in the system level and in the unit level.
The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
- The individual must be self-motivated and self-directed; however, must have also demonstrated ability to work well with people and have a proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team.
- In addition, the individual must have the abilities to work effectively cross-functionally, coordinate priorities and initiatives, troubleshoot and analyze complex problems, and to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are required.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.