We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs the activities related to the architecture, analysis, design, programming, debugging and modification of firmware and software.
- Directs activities related to troubleshooting of code for firmware (IC embedded code) applications.
- Oversees programming activities involving analog and digital hardware and software operating systems.
- The ideal candidate will have had experience overseeing engineers who have designed FW features, and engineers who have submitted design reviews before continuing the development workflow. The candidate would have engaged in such design reviews as well.
- The candidate would have ensured the direct reports follow best practices such as spending time on unit-tests, simulator tests, HW targeted tests and so on is a must.
- The position requires strong knowledge of firmware design, development, debug, review, and commit/promotion within a multi-developer, multi-team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, both to coordinate task forces, and to inform other engineers, peers, and upper management on status.
- Excellent planning capabilities required for guiding a team or teams for the timely delivery of quality firmware.
- Must be a strong technical leader, whom others look up to for guidance and mentorship.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Might need to travel to other Western Digital engineering sites from time to time.
- BS with 7+ yrs fw experience, MS with 6+ yrs , PhD with 3+ yrs
- The ideal candidate will have experience in, or leading a team with experience in:
- ARM R5 and A53, C & C++, Design, ARM assembly, cmake build tools, git/gerrit/svn/code-collaborator, developing unit-test/mockTest/cPPU Test.
- SSD architecture, Security/TCG-Enterprise/FIPS.
- Interface Protocols (SAS/SCSI, NVMe, SATA).
- FW Download, Bootup flow.
- Debug infrastructure.
- Multi-core environments.
- Firmware or software development workflow within multi-developer, multi-site environments.
- Above and beyond such technical expertise, the ideal candidate would have overseen/directed a team of developers who have worked on one or more of the above items, for at least 2+ years (performance reviews/ratings, directing work and priorities, compensation analysis, recruiting, etc.)
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.