We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead individual contributors for key technical projects and programs
- Ability to drive project methods techniques and procedures
- Collaborates to develop self and others within group
- Meets goals with little direction and supervision
- Interactions involve matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers
- Influences others outside of own job area regarding policies, practices and procedures
- Owns one or more products from an OEM perspective
- Responsible for driving OEM specification gap analysis, scooping, and scheduling
- Responsible for ensuring all requirements for the product are implemented and delivered (closed-loop requirements process).
- Take an active role in monitoring the development of OEM customer-specific features
- Bachelor or Master in CS, CE, EE, Physics, or Mathematics required
- 10+ years of embedded firmware experience preferably in Storage companies
- Experience in customer interactions at a technical level
- Be able to periodically work staggered or late shift to interact with remote engineers
- Must be willing to travel domestically & internationally approximately 10% of the time – sometimes at short notice
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.