Engineer, Packaging Engineering
Location: Batu Kawan, Penang
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Documentation: SOP, WI, FMEA, OCAP and Control Plan for related process.
- Ensure effective hand shaking process of new device/product introduction to the line and new process technology capabilities developments.
- Responsible for new material/component first articles inspection and final buyoff.
- Continuous improvement on direct/indirect material cost down & yield enhancement program.
- Ensure robustness of process control to meet yield & thru-put expectation.
- Report any non-conformance/customer complains issue and develop/follow up the improvement actions.
- Fully participate to resolve the issue thru teamwork, and be the main coordinator for any internal/ external audit programs.
- Bachelor degree or above in Mechanical/Material/Electrical/Physics Engineering
- 2-5 years of process engineering experience in semiconductor assembly and test manufacturing plant.
- Knowledge at Die Attach will be added advantage.
- Familiar with machine: set up recipe and optimize process parameters to improve process
- Knowledge in Materials such as Die Attach film, needless ejector design, rubber tip etc. will be added advantage.
- Develop new recipe with fully process Chz & failures root-cause analysis and improvement,
- Proficient in standard business application software, Tools & standard engineering method (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, JMP, SPC, DOE, DMAIC, 8D, 5-why, 5M+1E etc.).
- Basic understanding of package level testing & reliability.
- Hands on skill with machine (Hitachi Bonder 700/800/830) / tool setup will be preferred
- A proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent English communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.