We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Western Digital's Content Solutions group is responsible for WD’s consumer digital media and storage solutions, including the award-winning My Cloud devices. Our Milpitas, California-based team is developing the application software that drives these solutions, enabling users to see and share their music, pictures, videos, and documents anywhere and anytime. Whether your screen is a mobile phone, tablet, television, or computer, it’s easy to enjoy the content in your WD personal cloud. To continue delivering on our vision, we are looking for an experienced, self-motivated and enthusiastic Principal Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Software QA team!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create test strategies and test cases based on product requirements
- Design, code and implement test tools and automation frameworks for REST APIs
- Perform functional, integration, regression, end-to-end and performance testing
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and isolate defects and report them to a bug tracking database (JIRA)
- Collaborate with product architecture/design teams to derive release testing requirements throughout the development cycle
- Bachelor's/Master degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- 8+ years’ experience at least in QA and/or API test automation
- Experience automating REST API and Cloud Services
- Experience with test automation tools such as TestNG, JMeter, JUnit
- Experience with programming and/or scripting languages such as Java, Python etc.
- Experience testing Android , Linux based system , applications or Storage devices
- Expert in software quality and testing methodologies
- Experienced in interacting and coordinating test activities amongst multiple teams
- Highly responsible, self-disciplined, self-managed, self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision
- Extensive experience working on multiple projects at a time in a fast paced, results oriented environment
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent debugging / troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.