We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Western Digital’s University Recruiting Team is looking for a
recruiter responsible for driving school recruitment strategy at top colleges
and universities, building and strengthening relationships with internal and
external clients and serving as a talent scout for the firm. The University
Recruiting team is a fast moving, rapidly evolving team that is working to
position Western Digital, as one of the leading employer brands at top
Engineering colleges and universities within the United States and around the
world. The team’s objective is to source and deliver exceptional entry-level
talent to the company across a broad spectrum of roles and training programs.
This is accomplished through developing close and collaborative relationships
with leading educational institutions; leveraging Western Digital’s extensive
marketing capabilities to design and deploy an effective recruiting marketing
campaign; utilizing technology to the fullest extent (including social media)
to connect with candidates; and developing sophisticated candidate screening
and selection methods to cast a wide net for talent and hire the best while
ensuring a great candidate experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute the campus hiring strategy at target
colleges and universities across the country
- Initiate participation in campus activities (i.e.
Career Fairs, Information Sessions, student activities).
- Attend and manage campus-specific Career Fairs,
Information Sessions and Presentations, Initial round interviews, Superdays
(Final round interviews), Office visits and other creative campus events.
- Work with the University Recruitment Manager to
design the strategic plan for yearly implementation of hiring goals and
objectives for both internship and full-time programs.
- Act as an internal consultant to key stakeholders
on guidelines related to campus relations and recruiting (process, goals) for
- Consult and meet regularly with hiring managers to
ensure understanding of job requirements, review sourcing and advertising
options, assist in the selection process, and facilitate on-boarding as
- Conduct initial screenings and on-site
interviews, evaluation and documentation of interview feedback, as well as
completion of all requirements within applicant tracking system.
- Maintain and update applicant tracking database.
- Evaluate skill level and provide guidance to
internal/external candidates throughout the interview process.
- Develop strategic sourcing strategies to
effectively source candidates through cold calling, networking, career fairs,
Internet postings, on-campus recruiting, and employee referrals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources or
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience with
demonstrated emphasis on corporate recruiting and employment experience in a
professional fast paced environment.
- Experience with University/Campus
- A creative, innovative thinker with strong
communication skills who will be able to strengthen the Western Digital brand
on campus and be a culture carrier for the organization
- Proven organization skills - ability to
prioritize effectively and manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
with competing demands.
- Excellent presentation and problem solving skills
by proactively driving results and being solution oriented.
- Knowledge of employment law, corporate
recruitment processes, recruitment strategies are necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
both oral and written, and the ability to establish relationships with all
levels of an organization.
- Must have experience with full life cycle
recruiting including demonstrated expertise in advanced internet searching,
candidate research and cold calling.
- Ability to manage customer relationships, provide
strong customer service skills and work in a team environment.
- Experience utilizing an applicant tracking system
- Expertise in MS Office tools - MS word, Excel and
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data
storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD
brands covering flash and disk-based solutions.
Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western
Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from
the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are
committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and
Digital does not
unlawfully discriminate and complies
with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster:
Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the
E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.