- Expert, hands-on use of optical microscopes and cameras, Candela optical surface analyzer (OSA), leak testers, and standard engineering tools such as: head and disk handling tools, metrology instruments, and hand tools.
- Proven ability to apply logic, critical thinking, troubleshooting, establish facts, attention to details, and draw conclusions in analyzing complex problems.
- Familiarity with HDD functionality (electrical and mechanical), manufacturing assembly processes, reliability, and associated failure mechanisms.
- Able to breakdown complex problems into manageable projects; can create logical plans and schedules for themselves and others in the team to achieve the organizations goals.
- Effective at multi-tasking, exceptional organization and time management skills, self-motivated; shows patience, confidence, and composure.
- Proven problem-solving skills, experienced in: reliability methods, statistical process control, data mining, and quality measurement methodologies.
- Experienced in Customer interaction/communications.
- Proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work unattended.
- Basic knowledge of analytical techniques such as: SEM, RAMAN, TOFSIMS.
- Data analysis and reporting capability.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Accepts direction, listens to, and considers other’s ideas and concerns.
- Follows department processes and technical documentation requirements; recommends improvements to them.
- Work, collaborate and communicate effectively in a team environment, contributes to the team’s results.
- Microsoft Office, OneNote experience
5 years in related field, or technical degree and 2 years equivalent experience