We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support Corporate Strategy Evolution: Drive and contribute to the formulation, development and ongoing evolution of WDC’s corporate strategy framework and action plan. This work will be primarily done through the synthesis of key competitive, threat and opportunity assessments in the consumer retail, mobile, client and server (cloud service provider, hyper-scalar and enterprise end user) ecosystems along service and product (software and hardware), operational and market dimensions.
Partner with corporate development: Help Corporate Development with the identification and pursuit of strategic business opportunities including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, alliances, joint ventures, licensing agreements or evaluation/management of investments in entrepreneurial ventures. This work will include identifying opportunities to expand WDC’s reach with new ecosystems/partners as well as partnering with the Corporate Development function to oversee the overall business development function at the corporate level that includes strategic partnerships and alliances or a new service or product line.
Develop executive-level storyboards: Work across the company with all key stakeholders to establish deep understanding and continuously improve the thoroughness and depth of the logic framework behind the communicated strategic recommendations. The target is to achieve consensus buy-in that includes risk managed triggers and action plans for alternate high business impact scenarios. The scope will include managing various projects and work-streams across a wide range of corporate strategy and innovation initiatives
Drive Corporate Strategic Initiatives: Develop, oversee and help implement and drive programs and projects that support the company's strategic vision as well as short- and long-term strategic plans. You’ll suggest programs to implement, track results and resolve problems that may come up as well as provide executive summary reports and executive scorecards capturing the overall progress.
- Bachelor's degree and MBA required; In field related to marketing, business, human resources or life science
- Minimum combined experience of 15 years, with
- a minimum of 4 years of experience in business development or a functionally similar role
- a minimum of 4 years in product management and engineering
- a minimum of 4 years in rotating magnetic, solid state storage and adjacent technologies
- Must have an entrepreneurial mentality with the ability to establish new relationships and quickly distill them to those that drive significant strategic benefit within the established strategy framework
- In depth working knowledge of consumer, mobile, embedded, client and server market segments from both hardware and software level
- Demonstrate exceptional written and oral communication skills as well as distilling key points while diving into all necessary detail to work & communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Must be highly comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously as well as independently with what often starts out as undefined or ambiguous targets
- Must be comfortable with global multi-site work environment and travel as needed, up to 15%
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.