Location: Bangalore India
Req ID: JR-0000040221
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
As an Accountant, you would be responsible for maintaining one or more accounting systems which would include AP, Fixed Assets, Pay roll, Journals, GL Maintenance & related reconciliations.
You may assist in creating processes and procedures; create, generate and/or analyze reports; and ensure the accuracy of data and compliance with GAAP and other accounting regulations. You may work cross-functionally with many groups including Procurement, Human Resources, Marketing, Sales and Corporate Finance.
Essential functions and requirements for the job would include any or all of the following areas:-
- Fixed Asset Accounting & Management
- Month-end Finance close processes
o Accruals & Reclassification Entries
o Month end journals for – Prepaid, Deferral etc
o Prepare/Review monthly account reconciliations
o Tax Deducted at Source, GST – End-to-End viz., Deduction, remittance, filing of periodic returns and issue of Certificates.
- Statutory Audits & related compliance
o Prepare audit schedules & notes, including & related reconciliations
- Period Expense Analysis:
o Month-end and periodic, regular monitoring of Expenses and related analysis
- Accounts Payable
o Full Cycle of Accounts Payable – PO and Non PO transactions
Education and Experience:
A Degree in Commerce/Accountancy from a reputed University.
A minimum of 6 -7 years of experience is required. Preferable in medium & large MNC’s.
1. Good written and verbal communication skills. Strong analytical skills and ability to work both independently and with cross functions.
2. Ability to follow standard accounting and finance practices, and departmental procedures and processes.
3. Strong Computer skills – viz., Microsoft Office skills and exposure to working in an ERP environment- preferably SAP and/or Oracle.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.