Western Digital #LI-RZ2
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The Product Line Manager will create and manage new storage solutions that cater to the creative professional market, from independent videographers to the largest film studios. Primary responsibilities include specifying and bringing to market new products based on customer need, managing the product portfolio, owning the complete product lifecycle, and being the product expert within the Client Solutions Group of Western Digital Corporation (WDC). This position will develop product positioning, conduct detailed market analysis, manage complex projects that span multiple departments/disciplines, create market requirements documents and assist in the development and execution of the product and/or solution. This position requires an individual with a demonstrated passion for technology and an eagerness to learn about new hardware and software innovations in the storage industry. They should be a self-starter and a highly motivated person able to work in a fast-paced environment. They must be able to travel internationally and domestically, up to 30% of the time, if needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively participate in the product roadmap process, as well as understand and communicate the impact of product release schedules on customers.
- Define market / customer requirements for a highly differentiated segment of the G-Technology within the Client Solutions Group portfolio.
- Manage the entire product lifecycle from cradle to grave.
- Conduct primary market research and analyze secondary research in order to develop customer insights and develop clear value propositions.
- Conceive, develop, and launch new products and provide necessary engineering and marketing support.
- Lead segments of the business plan; including analysis of overall market opportunity, customer and product segment opportunity, competitive threats and positioning, and the financial analysis of investment alternatives.
- Coordinate with groups within WDC to ensure product requirements are met and products are launched on time.
- Own the top revenue generating product family within the assigned G-Technology portfolio; responsible for the definition, marketing and overall success of the products.
- Manage product line performance in regard to sales volume, margin, and mix.
- Work with other functional areas (including Supply Chain, Support, Finance, R&D, Marketing, and Channel Sales) to ensure they are delivering as needed to optimize sales.
- Conduct on-going analysis of the competitive landscape including pricing,
product offering, market segmentation and industry trends.
- Educate management and the sales force to competitive movements and industry trends.
- Identify new product and channel opportunities that will drive revenue and
margin growth for the Client Solutions Group.
- Influence third parties to enhance solutions capabilities.
- Provide closed-loop post-analysis of family strategies/roadmaps/platforms/SKUs.
- Regularly meet with customers or partners during the sales process.
- College degree in Marketing/Business/Technical
- Minimum of 5 years of product management experience in the media and entertainment market
A proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Preferred Qualifications
- An MBA
- The ideal candidate will have working experience in the consumer
- Experience in the electronics industry or storage industry
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.