We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
We are looking for an experienced RT & Embedded FW engineer to join a group of developers working on the best in class Flash Storage products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this position, the individual will be responsible for problem solving, analyzing, designing, coding and debugging firmware for future cutting-edge Client SSD products.
- Typical activities involve design and implementation of data structures, software algorithms (FTL), data path, drivers for HW cores, and implementation of storage interfaces such as PCIe NVMe – to deliver the future cutting-edge storage products.
- The firmware development is done on multiple environments: PC with full HW simulation (C language in Visual Studio), FPGA board, and on the final product.
- This position involves design and development of new innovative features followed by quality unit test implementation, altogether with maintaining and debugging 3rd party code.
- Working closely with excellent colleague engineers, coping with complex challenges, innovating, and developing products that will be sold in millions of units.
- This position requires a BSEE, BSCE, or BSCS (MSEE, MSCE, MSCS preferred) with 10+ years of related experience in Firmware development
- Advanced coding skills in C, effective debugging techniques, and analytical skills both in the system level and in the unit level are required
- Strong verbal and written skills are required
- Detailed knowledge of RTOS and microprocessor architecture is required
- Knowledge/experience with developing flash translation layer algorithms is a big plus
- Knowledge and expertise in assembly language coding is a plus
- Experience with logic analyzer is a plus
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.