Senior Mask Layout Engineer
Location: Bangalore India
Req ID: JR-0000039728
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Will be part of team responsible for IO solutions for next generation SOCs in advanced CMOS technology nodes.
Will work on IO layouts for SanDisk ASIC controllers under guidance of senior team members to meet the design requirements
Work closely with team and actively participate in technical discussions and reviews.
Handle assigned tasks independently
Pro-actively get design/flow issues/problems solved.
Contribute to or propose innovative design solutions and methodologies.
• Bachelors/Masters degree in Electronics & Telecommunication/Electrical engineering• 3+ years of experience in full custom layout for Analog and mixed signal circuits
• Should have hands-on experience in custom layout for analog and IO circuits (Bandgap, LDOs, Clocking circuits, GPIOs, DDR IOs, ESD circuits etc)
• Familiarity with custom digital layout (i.e. high speed logic paths)
• Should have good understanding of ESD phenomenon, familiarity in ESD circuits design and associated ESD guidelines
• Knowledge of signal integrity issues (i.e. clock/data routes, differential routing, shielding)
• Experience in layout delivery flow – different views generation like LIB, LEF, GDS, etc.
• Strong experience in debugging DRC, ERC and LVS issues independently.
• Aware of layout techniques to mitigate ESD, latch-up
• Scripting Experience in PERL/TCL etc will be desirable
• Knowledge of design for reliability (i.e. EM, IR, self-heating, etc.)
•Should have deep understanding and working knowledge of CMOS process including FINFET technologies such as 16nm and the associated DSM issues.
• Also should have sound understanding of IC fabrication and reliability issues
• Very analytical in nature and able to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
• Full familiarity with Cadence and Mentor Graphics layout tools
• Creative, out-of-the-box thinker with a high level of personal involvement
• Strong theoretical background with a pragmatic approach.
•Good verbal and written communication skills and experience working with different geographies.
• Good documentation and presentation skills
• High level of integrity and commitment to quality and timeliness.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.