Channel Marketing Specialist to support DMR, Distribution, SI channels. This position will focus on planning, executing, and evaluating marketing activities within the distribution, direct market reseller and system integration channels.
This position will provide account level marketing and promotional expertise to drive increased market share and revenues of Western Digital and its brands by developing, implementing and measuring channel specific promotions and marketing plans. The Channel Marketing Specialist will succeed by being the corporate expert on the consumer, the competition, the account-specific business drivers, our partners, and competitive & business trends for respective products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand the business objectives and growth plans, build and drive marketing programs and initiatives proactively to increase Western Digital and its brands business in North America
- Execute customer specific strategy for Western Digital including: channel priorities and budget allocation, alliance partner relationships, and other channel related activities
- Coordinate key channel objectives between multiple business organizations.
- Execute and administer channel marketing programs; monitor, record and analyze ROI
- Develop a keen understanding of partner funding requirements; execute approved programs and ensure compliance
- Develop a close working relationship with the Western Digital National Sales Managers, internal Product Marketing teams, and 3rd party partners
- Where appropriate and in coordination with the Account Managers, plan and host events for the channel customers
- Participate in ongoing dialogue with the channel customers, including weekly conference calls, customer visits and/or quarterly business reviews
- Visit customers 1-2 times quarterly based on strategic importance
- DMR/Distribution - channel; 2-3 years relevant experience
- Adaptability and ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience in event planning including tradeshows
- Effectively coordinate and implement plans
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills - ability to effectively influence others in multiple groups and collaborate to achieve specific goals
- BA or equivalent degree/work experience required
- Travel - approximately 40% travel