Location: Seberang Perai Selatan, Penang
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this position, the individual will work with all stakeholders to address all aspects of procurement management for services, goods, including procurement support, supplier management, supply-base strategy, market trends assessment, pricing, etc.
- Understand business service needs, request for quotation, negotiate pricing, commercial and supply agreements with suppliers.
- Lead quarterly negotiation with suppliers to achieve quarterly and yearly cost reduction.
- Negotiate legal contracts such as NDA, GPA with suppliers.
- Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions, create PO to support business operation smoothly.
- Coordinates procurement activities with manufacturing, quality, planning and engineering departments.
- Establish, implement, and administer system and process to evaluate, monitor, report and manage supplier performance and improvement (incl. QBR’s).
- Monitor commodity market trends; effectively reflect market dynamic in terms of supply, cost, etc.
- Requires domestic or global expertise of assigned commodities.
- Performs cost analysis for designated commodities.
- Develop and execute a supply-base strategy to meet the Company’s business growth and requirements.
- Identify, develop and manage relationships with existing and potential suppliers to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive cost reduction / avoidance activities for all related procurement services.
- Collaborate with NPI, Engineering, Quality and Operations to effectively manage NPI procurement related activities.
Qualification and Experience
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree or above, with 7 years of procurement related experience in indirect procurement, supply chain and NPI. The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment with excellent communication (written and verbal) presentation & organizational skills. Self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people. The ideal candidate must have the ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems. Must have the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. Require fluency in written and oral English. Must be proficient using MS office.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.