We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Error correction system design and read/write capability and performance optimization
- Read channel integration into SSD with the focus on functional verification, channel optimization and failure analysis
- System/component level testing & validation on test platforms including drive-level testing
- Conduct platforms evaluation, evaluate alternate solutions and generate comprehensive report with bold and justified conclusion
- MS or Ph.D in Electrical or Computer engineering, plus 3-5+ years of related experience.
- Strong ECC, LDPC background needed
- Experience on signal processing and coding theory for data storage technologies is preferred.
- NAND flash knowledge and flash translation layer (FTL) working experience will be a plus.
- Self-motivated and able to work well with people in the team.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication & interpersonal skills.
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.