Senior Engineer, DIE ATTACH Manufacturing Equipment
Requisition No: JR-0000038261
Location: Batu Kawan, Penang
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
- To ensure specific machine performance monitoring is carried out.
- To assist and co-ordinate new project transfer where needed.
- To continuous upgrading machine performance.
- Ensuring equipment PM and calibration procedure are maintained and
- To ensure critical spares inventory is well maintained.
- To identify key process equipment, provide appropriate resources
for machine/equipment maintenance and develop an effective total preventive
maintenance system to determine PM and calibration frequency.
- To initiate activities to reduce equipment downtime.
- To train subordinate on equipment set up, conversion and
- Liaise with engineer to identify critical parameter.
- Select appropriate measuring and test equipment that will provide
the measurement accuracy and precision required.
- To establish and monitor tooling management as follows:
- To ensure maintenance facility is well established
- To ensure the new equipment is set up and buyoff according to
- To determine equipment spare usage.
- Tool change programs and documentation.
- To provide appropriate technical resources for tool and gage
design and fabrication.
- To determine and verify the full dimensional inspection of the
tool and gage design.
- Follow all environmental procedures in carrying out daily
- Highlight to superior any activities in the company that may be
contrary to the environment policy
- Other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the
company from time to time.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
- Bachelor degree or above in Mechanical/Material/Electrical/Physics
- 3+ years of equipment engineering
experience in semiconductor assembly and manufacturing plant.
- Must have experience and knowledge at Substrate
Baking, Plasma cleaning, Normal Cure, High Pressure Cure with dynamic pressure &
Die attach (Hitachi Bonder-DB800)
- Experience on high die stack up to 8-32Dies
- In depth understanding & process characterization
of die attach material such as DAF (Die Attach Film), FOD (Film on Die) &
FOW (Film on Wire).
- Hands on skill with machine / DA tool setup & PM will be
- Basic understanding on Die pick-up & place
- Basic understanding of package level testing & reliability.
- Proficient in standard business application software, Tools &
standard engineering method (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, JMP, SPC, DOE, DMAIC, 8D,5-why etc.).
- A proven desire to work as a team
member, both on the same team and outside of the team.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze
- Ability to multi-task and meet
- Excellent English
communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a
leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash
and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent
organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching
lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.