At Western Digital, we create environments for your data to thrive. Everywhere data lives, we’re there to drive the innovation necessary for results today and the future you’ll create tomorrow. New devices, new systems, new solutions, all optimized and tuned to create the right conditions for your data to realize its full potential.
Western Digital is a diverse, global company with strong values and a passion to innovate and lead the charge in the transformation of data. Creating the right environment where our employees can thrive is key to how we do business. Quality products, exceptional customer service and industry-leading solutions all come from a culture that’s inclusive, forward-thinking and bold enough to imagine the possibilities of data.
As the Director of HDD Firmware Validation, you will be responsible for directly managing firmware validation teams in the U.S. as well as leading WW firmware validation efforts including Kuala Lumpur and Bangalore. You will work closely with FW Development, FW Test and other organizations to establish, execute and track plans and schedules to ensure high quality firmware deliverables are achieved. A strong background in firmware or software validation with a concentration in storage and/or embedded devices will be applied to lead validation of firmware for our entire portfolio of HDD products. You will lead optimizing test labs, tool chains and processes across WW firmware validation sites with a relentless drive for continual improvements in automation, coverage, and efficiency.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience; at least 5 years of people management experience in firmware development and/or firmware validation environments Experience with validation strategies to achieve optimized black/gray box validation for maximum coverage
- Proven ability to build, coach, mentor and lead high performing and geographically dispersed teams
- Highly skilled at planning and aligning execution to vision and inspiring teams to go above and beyond
- Experience in building healthy relationships and collaborating with diverse cultures and able to lead transformation change
- Adept at leading with an Agile mindset while building a strong culture of engagement, ownership, accountability, and results
- Experience working in Agile and DevOps environments with a focus on continuous integration and early problem discovery is essential Experience leveraging modeling and simulation environments for validating firmware prior to arrival of hardware is a significant plus
- Experience in managing an organizational budget including capital and operating expenses
- Excellent communication skills, positive influence and strong interactions with peer organizations, presentations to executive management, setting a high bar on excellence and performance management, supporting employee growth
- Willingness to travel to other firmware validation and development locations periodically