- Be a part of the wafer manufacturing engineering team in Wet Etch processes / photoresist strip / liftoff processes in 24x7 wafer fab.
- This candidate will be the focal point for continuous process improvements working with the manufacturing team, equipment team, vendors, and the development team.
- Lead and expedite engineering projects.
- Perform Failure Analysis on defective wafers, disposition wafers on hold, and implement corrective / preventive actions.
- Responsible for achieving yield, cost, and cycle time goals.
- Evaluate / qualify new equipment, materials, and processes. Document and provide training to manufacturing team.
- Implement and optimize APC, SPC, and process control scheme.
- CMP experience and knowledge will be a plus
- Weekend schedule may be required.
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in wafer processing and high volume manufacturing, preferably in magnetic head manufacturing.
- BS degree in chemical engineering, materials science, or a related field. MS or PhD is preferred.
- Analytical, logical, and data-driven, and demonstrated ability in analyzing big data in decision-making process using tools such as database query and JMP.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Able to work and interact with various interdepartmental engineering and other support organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects with set milestones and timelines, and ability to execute under minimal supervision.
- A responsible team player that is detail-oriented and has a willingness to learn and thrive in a cross-functional manufacturing environment.