We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Joining the Data Center Systems Platform Integrated Center Procurement team, this individual will play a key role in analyzing the production demand and factory builds working with MRP output for material preparation internally (PIC) and externally (suppliers). This position works very closely with Material Program Manager and business operations to meet overall procurement and manufacturing objectives. It offers an excellent opportunity for a high-energy and results-oriented individual to be directly involved with delivering products to market and making significant contributions to growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze weekly business operations forecast demand and manage the MRP to factory and communicate with material managers on requirements to support manufacturing
- Collaborate with Material Managers and production teams on demand forecast and supply positioning
- Monitor forecasted demand vs, actual consumption and provide input to prioritize “Material On Hand” and “Material On order” buying decisions
- Collaborate with Factory teams and Product Managers for EOL planning and new product transitions
- Publish weekly demand supply reports for factory and customer commits (generated from MRP)
- Reviews production volumes for actual shipments and compares with orders in backlog as it relates to supply commits and target
- Some level of buying and procurement of Direct Material according to demand will be a plus
- Manage and process purchase orders at-times in order to support production needs will be a plus
- Other job or coordination task as assigned by Supervisor
- Candidate sought will have experience in quantitative analysis. The candidate should have strong excel skills with emphasis on modeling, solving, creating pivot tables, and working with different data sources to generate reports for management. Knowledge of Agile, SAP or Oracle will be a plus.
- The position requires the individual to be self-motivated and have a proven track record of accuracy and timeliness under pressure. The position requires strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of management. The candidate will be a team player and work well in a group environment.
- Will need flexibility with work schedule as there are often conference calls with the factory teams in the evening
- Perform risk assessment, variance analysis, trending and forecasting
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.