We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
WD Fab Operations is responsible for the timely deployment and ramp-up of cutting-edge Memory technologies. The planning and execution efforts of the team are tightly coupled with supply-demand balance while optimizing for profitability.
WD Fab Operations is seeking an Operations Research / Industrial Engineer to join the Product Technology Planning team. This is a high visibility and cross-functional role with exposure to the inner workings of WD’s world-class supply chain. The candidate will have the opportunity to –
- understand and influence how different teams/processes come together to build products using the right technology at the right time and
- defining strategy to prioritize product qualifications with new technology
The ideal candidate demonstrates a deep passion for modeling and optimization techniques, an eagerness to work with large data sets, and a vision for turning data and model outputs into actionable insights.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own/Lead development of optimization models/predictive analytics techniques to improve long-term utilization of Fab output, to plan product transitions and to reduce overall cost
- Support financial accounting & reporting by providing timely recommendation of technology mix
- Support PTP team with monthly recurring activities of supply response to demand and Fab-supply consumption optimization analyses
- MS in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Applied Math, Statistics and/or Computer Science with some experience with Supply Chain and/or Operations Research models
- Analytical thinking, working experience with Excel/Tableau, good communication (oral, written and presentation). Prior experience with linear programming models is a plus.
- Experience/proficiency in at least one programming language / statistical analysis tools e.g. Python, R
- The candidate should ideally have 3-5 years’ experience or could be a 'rock star' recent college grad.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.