Want to be part of the Engineering team of Western Digital, with a development center in Belgium, Ghent?
Want to work on their latest Object Storage systems that delivers storage capacity up to 52 PetaByte? Want to write software for the ActiveScale Productline?
We are looking for an experienced Product Owner who wants to work on enabling concurrent File and Object Storage access in our Activescale Product line and enabling our existing feature set (like replication, versioning, OLM) with File based semantics
We are looking for people that want to take their career to the next step by learning from some of the worlds brightest storage experts and contribute to a revolutionizing product.
When you want to (learn to) create a product by writing software with a focus on Enterprise Quality, Performance, Scalability and Robustness, you should talk to us.
- Taking Product Management's and customers input on new features and product enhancements and translating this into well tested and well architected implementations that fit into the Product as a whole.
- Prioritizing the backlog of the scrum team and articulating well defined acceptance criteria. As a Product Owner, you focus on the ‘what’ and by defining the acceptance criteria, you drive the scrum team towards delivery in an iterative fashion.
- Understanding and promoting the idea that value delivery, customer feedback and early integration are key to successful product delivery.
- Through our Agile development process driving features from demo's to production ready code through several iterations.
- Coordinating feature and product delivery by close cooperation with other scrumteam Product Owners.
- Whatever you create, as long as it's created from the perspective of our Customers, you’ll create value and get their appreciation for it.
- Master in computer science or equivalent through experience
- Good understanding of POSIX filesystem semantics, NFS and Samba
- At least 5 years of experience with creation of production level software
- Experience with algorithms for concurrency, threadsafety and memory management
- Good understanding of Continuous Integration & Continuous Development practices
- Knowledge of Python 2.7, bash
- Basic administration & troubleshooting of Linux Ubuntu
- Skills considered a plus
- Knowledge of Amazon's AWS S3 API, SDK's & tools
- Understanding of Cloud and Enterprise storage concepts and products
- Understanding of scaling concepts (sharding, KV stores)
- You can challenge your team in a constructive fashion while keeping them accountable for what they promised to you. You are able to convince them that early delivery and instant feedback are essential in an agile delivery process and you will help them by finding compromises that support this goal.
- You look at the big picture and are able to put things in perspective while trying to achieve your goal.
- You’re a good communicator and win-win oriented negotiator
- You enjoy working with other people and delivering features as a team. When the team is at risk of missing out on its commitment, you'll help out even if that means stepping out of your comfort zone.
- You enjoy working with people from other cultures and timezones
- You like working in an environment that appreciates humor, fun and off-work activities.
Belgium, Gent, Ghelamco Arena
Only open for applicants with an EU worker permit.
- Member of the UDA scrumteam
- Reporting to Jense Seurynck