We deliver the possibilities of data. You define what’s possible.
You will be responsible for solving customer issues with ActiveScale object storage systems.
You must have strong skills and experience in the computer server and storage industry with familiarization with storage protocols, storage devices, server technology, BIOS and firmware.
You will also participate in the closed loop corrective action for issues reported outside the team such as field issues or customer test failures. This is a high-impact, high visibility opportunity for the right individual with superior technical skills, good project management abilities, and an enthusiasm for success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and resolve issues submitted by customers, partners, OEMs, and Sales. Activities include deep technical troubleshooting, research, issue duplication, filing bugs, and follow-through with internal and external teams.
- Provide technical support to end-customers, and to WD front-line L1/L2 support engineers.
- Provide support during installations and customer deployments.
- Work closely with WD Sales engineering and Solutions Architects to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Author and submit knowledge base articles.
- Review and provide feedback on product documentation.
- Develop processes and systems to prevent customer issues, and proactively respond to issues.
- Make improvements and upgrades to support infrastructure for faster Time to Resolve issues.
- Generate analytics reports, with a strong focus on scripting to automate processes, integrate systems and develop tools to further the mission of the team.
- Technical depth with the ability to lead issues to closure.
- Solid Enterprise storage background and good networking skills.
- Scripting skills: Python, Perl, Bash, and PowerShell.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as ELK and Splunk.
- Solid understanding of block, file and object storage (NAS/SAN/S3).
- Solid Linux knowledge (RHCE or equivalent). Working knowledge of tools for performance troubleshooting and analysis.
- Microsoft Windows Server OS knowledge (including xperf, perfmon, etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting ability. Excited about technology and capable of coming up to speed quickly on new products.
- Excellent ability to follow-up on items and ensure resolution/closure of problems
- BS or MS Degree in CS or EE with 10+ yrs. of related experience
- Prior experience in the field working with customers is highly desirable.