We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Western Digital Corporation is transforming and our HR organization is looking for highly collaborative data driven individuals who are passionate about playing a key role in growing our Global Talent Management & Organization Development (TMOD) Center of Expertise.
If you thrive in a fast-paced and evolving environment, are looking to be a part of a team that is designing exciting new programs and process, and bring with you the ability to take on new opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm, this could be an exciting opportunity for you to build a great career.
In this role, the Organizational Development/Effectiveness Specialist will be responsible for supporting, co-designing, implementation and evaluation of organizational development programs designed to improve retention, performance, culture, build capability and achieve long-term success through talent management and organization development initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to the design of and supports organization development and talent management programs
- Use data and metrics to recommend solutions, and use research of best practices and innovative thinking to design simple OD interventions and TMOD solutions
- Work closely with senior team members to coordinate and roll-out TMOD processes and ensure they align with our HR strategy
- Manage and support the TMOD assessment processes which will include MBTI, Korn Ferry 360, Healthy Organization Team assessments, etc.
- Support and maintains 9-Box process, generates data analytics and reporting, provides support in facilitated talent review sessions
- Anticipate and articulate emerging individual or team needs based on program feedback
- Provide recommendation on creating reports and dashboards to support TMOD programs and to enable the business with relevant information on status, progress and readiness on development
- Assesses needs, plans, and recommends strategies implements appropriate strategies and evaluates organization-wide initiatives, such as: employee engagement, succession planning and talent reviews
- Works with departments and/or teams to assess and recommend actions to improve organizational effectiveness; leverages technology in the integration, administration and delivery of assessment and employee engagement processes
- Supports and co-implements organizational effectiveness interventions at team levels as assigned
- Conduct research on best practices, synthesize findings into summary slides and recommendations for new TMOD processes and initiatives
- Makes recommendations and shares insights based on analysis of talent-related data
- Evaluates the performance and cultural impact of organizational development projects
- Leads or participates in organizational development/change management projects to support the company in its transformation to increase organizational effectiveness
- Function as a change agent supporting functional, regional and organizational initiatives
- Provides direct support to leadership
- Collaborate and partner with Learning and Leadership Development on cross-COE identified initiatives
- Schedules, develops agendas and facilitates monthly HR Learning sessions attended by field HR team members
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Development, I/O Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Business Management, Human Resources Psychology, or related field preferred
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in organizational development, Organization Effectiveness, Talent Management functions or organizational development consulting
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Strong mastery of MS PowerPoint
- Knowledge of and experience with multi-rater and 360 assessments
- Strong knowledge and ability to use OD models, methods and approaching to design interventions
- Master’s Degree, MS/MBA in Organizational Development, I/O Psychology, Business Management, Human Resources
- Knowledge of and experience with organizational development, change management, leadership development, organizational and group dynamics, employee engagement, organizational strategies and business planning
- Ability to understand and articulate the strategic value of OD tools/processes
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including the ability to assemble information, extract pertinent facts, draw logical conclusions and present recommendations
- Solid sense of confidentiality and discretion, application of OD values
- Strong executive presence, interpersonal and client relations skills
- Proven project management skills and a drive to meet commitments and deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team-oriented and effective collaborator
- Resourceful and able to think critically in order to solve problems creatively and independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects and demands
- Self-directed and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Technical savviness will be highly valued
This position is located in Western Digital’s Great Oaks, San Jose Head Quarters location
This position may require some travel
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.