Senior Manager, ASIC Development Engineering
Location: Bangalore India
Req ID: JR-0000039244
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this position, the individual will be part of the hardware design team responsible for Western Digital’s industry leading Flash and HDD storage products spanning across retail, client and enterprise market segments
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
• Managing a consolidated team of PCB layout engineers responsible to deliver PCB layouts for plethora of products driven by different business units internally
• Work closely with multiple design teams to understand product roadmaps, requirements and accordingly do resource planning and mapping
• Drive interactions with multiple functional teams like design, SI/PI, mechanical, DFM, DFA etc. in a product development environment
• Manage the PCB symbol and footprint library team and drive standardization of development process
• Be able to do hands on layout development with Cadence tools from design start to gerber release post DFx closures
• Manage and build a high performing team releasing high quality design in a sustained manner
BS/B Tech degree with minimum of 15yrs of relevant PCB layout design and people management experience.
Experience in Flash industry would be a plus.
Candidate should have experience in high speed multilayer PCB layout design in very space constrained environment.
Knowledge of DFT / EMC / EMI and knowledge of signal integrity is a plus.
Should have hands on experience with cadence tools like OrCAD, Allegro.
The ideal candidate must have a proven ability to achieve results in a dynamic environment.
Must be self-motivated and strategic, have a demonstrated ability to work well with people, manage teams, and must have a proven desire and ability to work in a multi-geo environment.
Proven stakeholder management experience and ability to multi-task and deliver through a team is key
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.