Public Relationship Manager, North APAC
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Req ID: JR-0000038511
For a global storage technology leader and Fortune 200 company, this role is responsible for the development, implementation and coordination of public relations strategies and programs that align with business objectives and deliver value for the organization. Western Digital is responding to ever-changing market needs with a full portfolio of compelling, high-quality storage solutions with customer-focused innovation, high efficiency, flexibility and speed. The public relations and communications function is integral to building a favorable reputation and relationship with external audiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The right candidate will collaborate with marketing, sales, advertising, legal and other departments to define and project the corporate messages to the public.
- They will manage partner resources such as communications agencies, and act as company spokesperson for the media, influencers, analysts and the public at large. The election, development and evaluation of resources, including personnel and contracted agencies, to ensure the efficacy of the PR and communications function is a core element of the role.
- The successful candidate may be called upon to support or manage other communications functions such as technical publications and content and influencer marketing.
- Managing regional budgets and domestic or international travel may be required.
- The successful candidate will handle the north APAC countries, including South Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- Developing public relations and communications strategies
- Detailed experience in directing PR/communications agencies
- Implementing public relations tactics
- Communicating and working with marketing/management team members
- Researching editorial and social media landscapes of specific markets
- Representing the company as a spokesperson
- Developing influencer marketing programs and campaigns
- Developing content marketing programs and campaigns
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- 4-10 years of public relations and/or journalism experience working with trade and consumer media
- Clear understanding of journalistic media and how they communicate with their audiences.
- Basic understanding of market analysts and how they communicate with their audiences
- Basic understanding of social media and the variety of communications platforms and communities where target-audience discussion proliferates
- Thorough understanding of how to work with journalists and social publishers, understanding their needs, gaining their trust and generating coverage for organizations
- PR professionals who excel are keenly aware of business and regulatory news headlines all over the world
- Manages tactical work of contracted PR agencies
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures
- Acts with some direction to accomplish departmental goals and objectives
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments
- Effective oral and written communication is critical for this position
- Ability to write clearly and in the accepted editorial style, as well as communicate verbally on a journalistic level is very important
- Articulate technology in a clear and simple manner, understandable to a layman audience
- Effectively communicating and working with internal colleagues is essential
- Works with others in the department, outside of the department, and with people outside the company