ASIC Infrastructure & Solutions Engineer
Location: Hsinchu, Taiwan
Req ID: JR-0000036121
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Improve internal EDA scripts, workflows and regressions methods.Develop new scripts for automation of processes around revision control, regressions, EDA tools, platforms builds, etc.
- Develop unique methods to extract relevant and meaningful data from relevant databases.
- Interfaces with engineers to support daily activities and resolve new EDA related issues.
- BS/MS in EE/CE5+ years of relevant experience
- Customer orientation and good oral/written communications with all levels.
- Mandatory Expert Level Experience:Linux scripting languages such as Perl, Makefiles, Python, TCSH, BASHProven record of automation and with Compute Farm batching systems
- Familiarity with Source Code Repositories (GiT is a must) and related automation flowsHighly Desirable Experiences
- Experienced with ASIC EDA tool-chains (Synopsys, Cadence) and workflows
- Experience with Emulation Platform such as Palladium, Xilinx and/or Altera FPGAs technology.
- Knowledge about SQL style databases and query commandsLANGUAGE SKILLS:Ability to read, write and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and emails in English.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to internal customers and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, use of hands and fingers, lifting under 20 pounds, grasping, and fine hand manipulation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Comfortable temperatures, mild noise, working in close proximity to others, and occasional confined spaces.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess. Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.