Senior Developer, Software Quality Assurance
Location: Bangalore India
Req ID: JR-0000039261
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Storage knowledge of operating system internals preferably ZFS (Sun Microsystems File
○ Computer architecture, Memory management, Task Scheduling
○ Compression algorithms
● In depth knowledge in any of the file systems also suitable like WAFL, EXT, etc
● Working knowledge of storage technologies & protocols like SAN, NAS
● Understanding of IO workflow with respect to file system functions
● Hands on experience with virtualization on one or more using ESXi/ RHEL/ Windows
● Using PERL for automation and develop test tools for testing.
● Strong debugging and problem solving skills in file system
● Understanding of hardware and software system architecture
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Need to work with cross functional teams and developers across geographies
Good to have:
● Experience working in a storage cluster environment
● Python/ Perl/ Shell scripting expertise and good with programming.
Minimum educational qualification:
● BE/ B Tech in Engineering in any IT related discipline
5 to 12 yrs. in file system testing
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.