Staff Engineer, Package Thermal Simulation
Location: Bangalore India
Req ID: JR-0000038944
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a package thermal simulation engineer, you are going to work in the Packaging R&D group on thermal simulations across semiconductor packaging level, flash memory product level, and host level. In this position, you will be responsible for influencing thermal package and product designs, and advancing the technology of semiconductor packaging. Scope is to address all thermal aspects of packaging technology and associated material and process interactions. Focus will be on solutions to meet increased demands for small form factor packages with constrained physical and thermal environments. Candidate will be responsible for the modeling and characterization of thermal response of the IC package using analysis and measurement techniques. This position will interface with package & product design, electrical and physical characterization, assembly R&D and other process teams. Lab work will be required.
- Solid knowledge through academic coursework or experience required in thermal modeling and measurements of IC packaging and related areas.
- A strong background in thermal sciences with emphasis on both analytical and measurement methods.
- Thorough knowledge of material properties and material property test methods.- Working knowledge in applying Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) in related areas; and familiarity with software tools such as FloTHERM, and IcePak.
- A good understanding of semiconductor packaging processes, materials, technology and trends such as: substrate design and manufacturing, molding, wire-bonding, die attach, flip chip, etc.
- A good understanding of semiconductor package reliability and defects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact with other engineers to define and implement numerical and lab experiments for feasibility and validation of concepts and solutions to support new package technology development.
Ph.D. in mechanical engineering
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.