We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The System Validation Platform Engineer will support SanDisk development teams, working on test planning, development, execution, and analysis through EVT, DVT, and customer qualification phases of testing on various Client SSD products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for defining and tracking test plans through product development cycles from EVT through customer qualification and MP.
- Monitor regression and qualification test cycles, perform first level FA and triage of failures, prepare and present testing statistics, and work closely with cross-functional engineering teams to drive issues through closure.
- Characterize and Optimize SSD’s for Performance and Power across Platforms
- Research and implement innovative ways to test/validate SATA and PCIe SSD’s.
- Lead bug review meetings.
- Act as gatekeeper for product release to customer.
- Maintain communication with technical marketing and applications engineering teams to ensure testplans satisfy product and customer specifications and mirror customer tests/qual procedures.
- Scope test tools and customer hardware requirements, ensuring the lab has appropriate customer systems and debug tools.
· Master's or Bachelor’s Degree in CE, CS, EE, or related technical field and 2 years of experience in validation of consumer products. Experience in storage device a plus.
· Experience with computer systems, components, and various OS (Windows, Linux, DOS)
· Strong analytical problem solving skills to troubleshoot variety of system-level issues down to system/device HW/SW.
· Experience in scripting languages a plus.
· Ability to multi-task, work efficiently in a group, as an individual, and in a team environment.
· Strong leadership and communication skills.
· Fluent in MS Office, esp. Excel and Word.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.