We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
WD SATA SSD products must be validated in house to assure that products shipped will meet OEM quality requirements. We need an experienced Firmware validation engineer to understand SATA/NVMe SSD’s system design and firmware algorithms in order to create a firmware design verification plans and implement them in modern object oriented languages.
- Work closely with the system architects and the firmware team to develop design verification plans, test bench and test cases
- Develop an overall firmware validation strategy including defining validation infrastructure and validation methodology
- Debug the firmware and expose design issues
- Define and design functional tests required to meet customer needs
- Review SanDisk SATA/NVMe SSD validation requirements and influence future SanDisk product design for debug and test
- Work with customers to understand field bugs and to enhance the validation coverage
- Interface with all key stakeholders to ensure product validation meets customer expectations and needs
Technical and analytical skills required
· In depth understanding of firmware algorithms used in any NAND Flash based storage devices (SSD, eMMC, SD, USB Flash drives) or other storage devices
· Knowledge in any Host protocols like as SCSI, SATA, eMMC, UFS, PCIe, NVMe is an added advantage
· Experienced and familiar with firmware development, Integration and validation
· Knowledgeable on product and quality standards and relevant host protocols, in particular SATA and NVMe.
· Test coverage methods for real-time embedded systems, especially storage systems and/or NAND storage
· Able to methodically root cause complex failure mechanism
· Strong programming knowledge & debugging skills in Python, C and C++.
· Soft skills, Excellent written and verbal skills, be a Team player
· Able to develop key relationships
· Able to elect requirements from all stakeholders
· Be able to work in pressure for quick resolution and delivery.
· Minimum 5+ years in storage related segments
· Worked with international teams
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.