ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, develops and administers the benefits program administration activities.
- Administers various employee benefits programs including group health, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, dental and vision benefits.
- Prepares, distributes, and maintains benefits description booklets, annual statements, and certificates.
- Educates employees on company benefits and assists, as needed, with enrolling in benefits and making permitted changes.
- Conduct benefits orientations and explain benefits self-enrollment system.
- Ensures that department page on Company intranet is updated with current content
- Process approvals, follow-up, and document all Workday transactions
- Process Qualified Medical Support Court Orders
- Helps ensure the accuracy of all benefits elections in the system to provide vendors and payroll with accurate eligibility, enrollment and payroll deduction information.
- Provide administrative support including data entry, and responding to employee and vendor phone and email inquiries.
- Assists with annual open enrollment thru testing of the system and conducting employee education sessions.
- Remains current on all government regulations involving payroll and benefits, including Fair Labor Standards Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, ERISA, HIPAA, ACA and other statutory regulations.Compiles and audits periodic and special reports on benefits matters for senior HR management.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2-3 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Workday highly preferred.
- Ceridian payroll system experience beneficial.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong understanding of HRIS systems, and custom queries.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment required.
- Advanced written, verbal, and interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate policies and procedures to all levels of staff and management.
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Familiarity with federal and state legislation regarding benefits practices
- Able to handle high level of confidentiality regarding employee information & confidential organizational changes.
- Excellent planning, time management, communication, decision-making, presentation, organization, and interpersonal skills.