Western Digial employs tens of thousands of people throughout the world. We have manufacturing locations in the US, Singapore, Thailand, the Philippines and China. The NPI Program Manager, is responsible for onboarding development product into the production environment, ensuring safe passage of the manufacturing requirements for Storage Enclosure and Rack products produced into our San Jose manufacturing location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads cross functional teams in the manufacturing of Storage Enclosure and Rack products with a special emphasis on low volume high mix manufacturing operations and processes. Participate in program planning, product and process designs, cost estimates, establish priorities, escalation management, etc.
- Manages the safe passage of product from development to production environment
- Applies program management and manufacturing expertise in resolving complex cross-functional problems and issues with WW multi-national teams.
- Develops and presents program status and review information to department/corporate groups resulting in influencing direction/decisions/outcomes.
- Facilitates the resolution of complex team issues, builds consensus, maintains process focus, and overcomes barriers.
- Ensures that program objectives and deliverables are accomplished in a timely fashion to meet product ramp requirements.
- Interacts with product management, materials, quality and engineering to define program plans.
- May support marketing and sales to develop the customer base. May support engineering and supplier engineering to develop supplier base.
- Works with the engineering program manager to generate program plans, i.e. Program/product overview, schedule, build and test (manufacturing and qualification) plans, resources and costs.
- Ensures tooling and test equipment capacity supports initial high volume manufacturing after program transfer.
- Defines and implements business processes to optimize manufacturing, development, and/or qualification process. Acts as manufacturing representative to the Core Team.
- Defines pre-production demand to manufacturing site specifying BOM and software revision requirements.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office and Outlook
- Must have strong project management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast pace technology development environment, while being flexible to support program requirements
- Understanding of hardware/firmware desirable.
Education and/or Experience
- BS in Manufacturing or Business or equivalent work experience. Minimum 5-10 years manufacturing experience Experience leading functional teams, leading cross functional disciplines (engineering, manufacturing, materials, finance, and marketing).
- Understands the Enclosure and/or Rack Process technology, e.g., manufacturing and test. Expertise in the following is a plus:
- Printed circuit board manufacturing, module assembly process, ICT and functional testing.
- HDD and/or Server manufacturing/process experience
- Enclosure sheet metal, plastics, die cast, machining, cable assembly
- System top level assembly, first article inspection review, manufacturing test
- Development of SOP, production process, validation, FAI requirements