We are seeking a highly motivated self-starter to join a team of talented engineers in advanced HDD technology development. Candidate should value team work foremost and have hands on experience, programming capability, and innovative thinking and problem solving skills. Post graduate degree in mechanical engineering, physics, or materials science is required. Work experience (including internship), especially in the HDD industry is highly desired.
Position requirements and qualifications:
- Have hands on experience and enjoy working in a lab environment. Experience with spinstand in either tribology, reliability or magnetics recording systems is highly desired.
- Collaborate, discuss and design experiments to address open questions associated with new technologies/problems.
- Organize results, perform analysis and communicate findings to cross functional teams through presentations and work reports.
- Candidate is also expected to have programming proficiency in python or matlab or other languages in order to perform data acquisition, post processing and experiment automation.
- Candidate should value team work and be willing to perform supporting lab work/tasks should the needs arise.
- Master’s degree or higher in mechanical Engineering, physics or material science is a must have in order to be considered.