We are seeking a Director of Wafer Analytics to join our wafer operation team at Western Digital®. This individual will be responsible for defining the strategy, developing roadmap, analytics tools and implementation plan for rollout of business intelligence and advanced analytics tools for wafer operations and engineering teams.
This individual will will be leading a diverse team of data engineers, data scientists, and visualization experts and work closely with business stakeholders, IT and enterprise-level Digital Analytics Office to identify and execute on data integration platforms, analytics applications, and key predictive analytics projects.
The ideal candidate possesses a deep passion for applying advanced BI and analytic approaches, a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams, and a vision for turning disparate data streams into a cohesive view for empowering a diverse engineering community and creating value for a smart manufacturing.
- 5+ years’ experience leading teams developing big data analytics platforms and solutions in high-tech manufacturing environment, ideally semiconductors or HDD manufacturing.
- MS or PHD in Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics and/or Engineering with an emphasis on Machine Learning, preferred.
- Must be able to set a strategic direction and align teams to follow and deliver value to the business
- Familiarity with Hadoop Ecosystem, Statistical Tools, Data Warehousing, Data Visualization and Analytics Platforms, Software Development best practices and a strong pulse on key trends in analytics
- Exposure to streaming and fast data architecture, preferred
- Proven ability to create change across organizations, work with IT teams to define architectures, define roadmaps and meet deadlines, recruit, inspire teams, and work in a dynamic and diverse global organization
- Highly motivated, team player with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong communication and collaboration skills, excellent project management experience, and demonstrated proficiency in communicating progress to technical and executive leadership teams