We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU
define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The individual will evaluate from a reliability standpoint,
materials, properties and techniques used in production and in qualification,
advise design engineering on selection, application and test of electronic
components and systems.
- Recommendation of design or test methods and statistical
process control procedures for achieving required levels of product
- Determine reliability requirements of components and systems.
- Develop new acceleration techniques and analytical tools to
assure the early identification of potential problems with new products,
packaging, processes, and product reliability.
- Make recommendations for changes in the selection and
application of components and systems.
- BS/BA in related field.
- This position will require protocol knowledge of SATA and NVMe
protocol with emphasis on NAND reliability testing.
- In depth technical understanding of test related issue is needed
to provide risk assessment and recommendations for improvement.
- Prior managerial experience and knowledge of embedded firmware and
NAND flash is preferable. Background in SSD validation/test and NAND flash
understanding is preferable.
- Individual will be required to drive solutions while working with
cross functional teams.
- Major responsibility will be to assess product level risk for
customer qual, line and end user and also to drive corrective actions for
production related issues.
- SSD architecture and
semiconductor knowledge is required.
- The ideal individual must have proven ability to
achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have
demonstrated ability to work well with people.
- A proven desire to work as a team member, both on the
same team and outside of the team.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data
storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD
brands covering flash and disk-based solutions.
Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western
Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from
the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are
committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and
Digital does not
unlawfully discriminate and complies
with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster:
Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the
US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.