The manager of Community Relations is responsible for executing the company’s corporate philanthropy mission in the local U.S. communities where Western Digital has offices and facilities. Under the direction of the Community Relations Director, the manager represents Western Digital at both corporate and public events, identifies and manages employee volunteer programs, manages the product donation program, and provides support to the U.S. grants program, including providing guidance to grant committees during the grant review process.
- Reviews and manages all product donations, both US and globally
- Provides initial review, evaluation, and analysis for all grant applications and prioritizes by site and category
- Manages employee volunteer events, including logistics, employee participation with responsibility for outcomes
- Assists in budget allocations and reviews and enforces budget guidelines with Grant Committees
- Ability to articulate Western Digital corporate philanthropic programs and priorities to internal and external audiences
- Manages correspondence to external audiences including nonprofit entities and public officials
- Represents Western Digital to the public and nonprofit communities in the regions where the company operates business units
- Serves as the first point of contact when the department Director is unavailable
- May supervise staff
- Must have interpersonal skills to engage employee involvement as volunteers
- Bachelor’s degree
- Years of Experience: Senior Level: 5-8 years
- Supervisory Experience: 3-5 years
- Basic knowledge of corporate work environments
- Strong knowledge of community resources and needs
- Thorough knowledge of Western Digital corporate philanthropic practices and programs
- Strong understanding of IRS regulations for corporate giving; understanding of the utilization of a Corporate Advised Fund is a plus
- Strong sense of ethics and compliance considerations in corporate giving.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with PR/Marketing/Legal/Comms to achieve maximum programmatic results
- Expertise in developing and maintaining productive working relationships with employees at all levels, volunteers and nonprofit organizations
- Excellent written communication skills are required.
- Above basic knowledge of Excel, Word, PP preferred, along with ability to quickly assimilate and gain proficiency with apps and systems.