We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The role focuses on HDD (Hard Disk Drive) segments, responsible for forecasting, actualize, analytical support for HDD business. The role will work closely with BU finance team and Corporate FP&A to communicate HDD cost updates and provide analytical highlights.
The role also coordinate with HDD manufacturing sites in term of forecast calendar/activities/processes in order to fulfill overall Corporate planning/reporting requirement.
The role servers as a key interlock point between HDD manufacturing sites, Global ops teams, BU finance team as well as Corporate FP&A.
The position will report to the Global Senior Finance Manager of Operations Finance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and consolidate HDD cost data from all sites/factories.
- Communicate HDD forecast unit cost/COGS and cost performance metrics for company-wide reporting.
- Provide bridges and explanations for all scenario variances.
- Reconcile the consolidated cost model output to actual ledger cost.
- Provide variable cost calculations.
- Detailed product specific comparisons to competitive cost outlooks.
- New product business case cost coordination and reporting, provide projected cost convergence points for new products.
- Manage/communicate cost forecast calendar/activities/processes
- Consolidation and prepare for ops cost meeting
- Ad hoc analysis, as required.
- 8-10 years of FP&A experience; manufacturing cost experience considered a plus
- Good analytic, presentation, and communication skills
- Proven record of cross-functional teamwork
- Must be very organized and thorough
- Experience with complex financial models
- Strong Excel background
- Fast and eager learner
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.