We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The Client Solutions Business Unit focuses on offering storage based products to the consumer market through the retail and e-tail channels. The product assortment includes Flash Memory based solutions such as memory cards, SSDs and USB Flash Drives, as well as HDD-based solutions such as External HDDs.
In this position, the Market Analyst monitors research and analysis of the BU’s markets, competition, and product mix. Conducts research studies and makes presentations on new market areas and future market conditions. Analyzes the competitive environment, sales records, market penetration, market potential, and future trends and makes recommendations based on findings.
The ideal candidate is a forward-thinker, a creative problem solver and collaborator, who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment. This is an opportunity to influence the decisions of the BU’s leadership through insightful analysis and compelling visual presentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support BU’s business marketing, product marketing and product management teams
- Conduct complex analysis, investigations, and evaluations
- Build and validate market sizing models for existing and new products
- Understand competitors and WDC’s practice and trends for new and existing products, pricing, programs, and services
- Perform ad-hoc and regular analysis of product movement/POS performance to provide direction to directors and executives regarding products, pricing, and market
- Conduct market and value chain analysis that will feed into product roadmap
- Present analysis in concise and logical ways to management and sales
- Set up and maintain “market data” database
- Collect, organize, maintain, and utilize market intelligence database for use across the organization
- Design interactive dashboards on visual analytics platforms such as Tableau or Qlik View to help our teams understand BU performance
- Create reports and presentations to drive business for sales and marketing teams
- Manage price tracking tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, IE, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics or similar fields. MSc. In relevant fields or MBA preferred.
- 3+ years related experience, with Fortune 500 companies preferred
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills with close attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in competitive and market analysis for consumer electronics, PC or mobile is a plus
- High proficiency in MS Excel (pivot tables, advanced formulas, macros, and charts to develop custom reports , dashboards and scenario/sensitivity analysis) and PowerPoint
- Experience in using a large ERP, as well as BI reporting tools such as Tableau or QlikView.
- Strong organizational and executive communication skills
- Highly motivated with a high level of initiative, capable of leading a team
- Market data reports and executive dashboard
- Ad-hoc analysis on market share, strategy, and pricing
- Market sizing support and analysis
- Price tracking tool management
- Additional insights as requested from the BU
- Reports to Director, Business Marketing
- Data vendors such as NPD, GFK, Context etc.
- Product and product marketing Managers
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.