We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Technologist, Reliability Engineer position is responsible developing and executing environmental and parametric tests to validate the design of solid state devices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define, develop and execute reliability tests for design verification of enterprise products.
- Define tester setup requirements including modification of the lab layout
- Automate test and data collection for easy report generation and data analysis
- Define and improve test methods for new products.
- Generate test reports for both internal and external customers.
- Support all required reliability tests (environmental, parametric, mechanical)
- Work closely with cross-functional engineering teams (design, process, etc.) across all geographies to drive root cause and corrective actions
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to deep dive into technical fields where the candidate have had little or no prior exposure
- Experience in reliability test development and execution
- Practical experience and knowledge of one or more of the following programing/script languages and OS:
- C++/C, Perl, Python and Corel is a plus
- Knowledge of scripting languages
- Results oriented and schedule driven.
- Able to work flexible schedule to adjust for peak work cycles
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
This position requires a MS degree or higher (Ph.D. preferred) with 5+ years of product test development experience. The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment. Ideal candidates must have excellent planning and problem solving abilities. Prior leadership position is preferred.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.