We deliver the possibilities of data. You define what’s possible.
The power of data is undeniable. A world that’s more predictive, more productive and more personal enables smarter decisions, breakthrough discoveries and deeper connections. As a leading provider of data storage devices and solutions, Western Digital delivers the possibilities of data. Join the team, and define what’s possible.
University Recruitment is looking for highly self-directed people to assume these technical roles and immediately contribute to the development of our newest storage products. We’re seeking highly motivated Electrical, Computer, Software, Mechanical, and Material Science Engineering students to be a part of our RAMP program. These paid summer internship opportunities are designed to jump start your career, offering on-the-job training and a robust summer of events. As a RAMP participant, you'll work alongside technology industry professionals on real-world projects, giving you the tools and experience to get your career off the ground. Additionally, Ramp participants will attend networking events, participate in workshops, and present to the WD leadership team.
This intern will work in the Memory Technology group. This group is responsible for 3D NAND and eNVM process development. The primary job function will focus on analyzing process data such as Reactive Ion Etching (RIE), Chemical Dry Etching (CDE), Atomic Layer Etching (ALE), Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD), Plasma Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition (PECVD), Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD/)… to fabricate semiconductor memory devices. This also includes Research & Development on unique processes and materials.
- Current student, pursuing a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Material Science / Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and graduating between December 2018 and June 2019
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical skills in area of study
- Interest in HDD, flash, semiconductor, components, nonvolatile memory industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong team-player who can collaborate with colleagues
- Knowledge and experience with Metrology and Optical characterization techniques (SEM,TEM...) is desired.
- The individual should have good academic knowledge of fundamental device physics and processing that are used in the semiconductor industry (RIE, Lithography, Thin Films, Metrology etc.) so that they can support process data analysis.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines is required.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.