- Key Player in the Pre-Si/Sillicon Validation and Validation FW development for Multiple IP blocks.
- Hands-on role must be comfortable with hardware, software, and lab test equipment.
- Must operate in multi-site environment to coordinate and satisfy goals which have broad business impacts (some travel is required)
- Good writing and communication skills for validation plans, status updates and presentations
- Develop, debug, and maintain validation firmware for multiple functional hardware blocks that exist in the SoC within a multi-processor ARM core architecture.
- Develop/execute/debug test cases in Pre-Sillicon Validation on Palladium, FPGA and in-house emulators.
- Collaborate with HW and FW teams.
- Able to be effective in a role with dynamic schedules and clearly definable individual and team goals.
- Debug failures and perform root cause analysis with JTAG Debuggers, ICE, Scopes, Logic Analyzers in both pre and Post-Si environments
- Be involved in SOC bring-up and Post Si Validation
- 4-8 years of hands-on experience with low level driver development and RTOS, C, Embedded Systems.
- Good understanding of SOC internal architecture and concepts.
- Familiarity with HW Accelerators, Error handling and Hashing methods would be a plus.
- Candidate should be familiar with using lab equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers.
- Hands-on experience of using JTAG debuggers and In circuit Emulators such as Green Hills, D-STREAM, Keil etc.
- Version control, makefiles, and PERL scripting for tools and test automation
- Hands-on experience in executing and debugging in Pre-Si emulation platforms like Palladium, Veloce, FPGA, Simulation environments would be as added advantage
- Expert in writing optimized FW using underlying HW capabilities to the fullest
- Experience with ARM architecture a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact across teams and geographies
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Team player who provides appropriate feedback to management & team members
- Ability to operate in a fast-past environment while creating an environment where teammates feel appreciated & feel recognized for their contributions