Title: Research Scientist, Advanced Packaging and Interconnect
Description Summary: Research and development of advanced packaging and interconnect technologies for future high-performance computing system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The job opening is for a full-time Research Staff Member. Research field includes (but not limited to) advanced semiconductor packaging technologies (e.g. through-silicon via, fan-out, fine-pitch flip-chip bonding, advanced package substrate and PCB), high-bandwidth interconnects (e.g. high-speed data transmission by electrical or optical interconnects, massive parallel bus, and advanced connector/coupler technologies), and thermal management.
- Our goal is development of revolutionary technologies with long time horizon (5-10 years), thus, ability to devise innovative ideas is essential.
- The individual is expected to carry out research projects in these fields both as an individual researcher and as a team member.
- Research projects will be executed at in-house micro-fabrication facility and through collaboration with external research institutes and universities.
- Minimum of a Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, mechanical engineering or closely related field, or master’s degree with extensive industrial experience.
- The candidate should have expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Semiconductor packaging technology.
- High-speed interconnect (electrical and/or optical).
- Thermal management (device cooling)
- Ability to create innovative ideas.
- Demonstrated ability of independently executing a research project.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work independently and in a team environment are essential.