This position will work for the Spacing Control & Integration team in the Hard Disk Drive (HDD) Head group. The job will include running experiments on components (heads) level test, and H/Ws and S/Ws development. Strong laboratory experimental skills required. Knowledge of scripting languages is desirable. Familiarity with Python is desirable. Candidate will conduct experiments, acquire and analyze data and summarize results to present.
- Develop various Mechanical Integration (MI) test methodologies to support new technologies including new H/Ws and S/Ws development
- Develop new MI test modules using Python & other programming languages
- Perform MI reliability tests & study magnetic performance of new Air Bearing Surface (ABS) design, Thermal Mechanical (TM) design and new Process.
- Verify if new designs meet company performance budget but also satisfy HDD Reliability requirements
- Support all products and issues that have Head Disk Interface related matters
- MS degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Solid Mechanics, Micro-/ Nano- Tribology and Material Science
- Experimental lab work experience including setup and running test apparatus, i.e., Acoustic Emission (AE) Sensor, Oscilloscope and LDV etc.
- Experience of characterization of contact, vibration and wear phenomena, i.e., Head and Disk Interface (HDI) field preferred
- Experience of Spin-stand tester (i.e., Guzik or Tribo-Tester preferred)
- Knowledge of scripting languages and data acquisition (Experience with Python preferred)
- Strong team-player who can collaborate with colleagues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications