Staff Engineer, ASIC development Engineering
Location: Bangalore India
Req ID: JR-0000037977
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
· Play a key role in developing the FW framework and drivers for multiple IP blocks keeping in perspective portability and scalability.
· Develop Test Engine (State machine based execution structure) and Test Automation.
· Develop and port drivers and test Firmware for UFS/PCIe/NVMe/SATA/SAS/DDR/Security IP blocks for eSSD, cSSD and HDD products.
· Document and Package the drivers as an IP that can be used by other teams.
· Refactor and port code for efficiency from C to C++ and Vice versa
· Integrate and release drivers into FW staging branch release trains
· Debug failures and perform root cause analysis with JTAG Debuggers, ICE, Scopes, Logic Analyzers in both pre and Post-Si environments
· Develop/execute/debug test cases in Pre-Sillicon Validation on Palladium, FPGA and in-house emulators.
· Collaborate with HW and FW teams.
· Mentor Junior engineers.
· Working closely with different teams within organization and tracking bugs to closure
· Be involved in SOC bring-up and Post Si Validation
· 4-8 years of hands-on experience with low level driver development and RTOS, C, Embedded Systems.
· Good understanding of SOC/Microprocessor internal architecture and concepts.
· Expert in writing optimized FW using underlying HW capabilities to the fullest
· Experience with ARM architecture a plus.
· Working knowledge of C++.
· Preffered working knowledge of SATA or SAS or PCIe/NVMe architecture.
· Hands-on experience of using JTAG debuggers and In circuit Emulators such as Green Hills, D-STREAM, Keil etc. would be an added advantage
· Hands-on experience in executing and debugging in Pre-Si emulation platforms like Palladium, Veloce, FPGA, Simulation environments would be as added advantage
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact across teams and geographies
· Excellent verbal & written communication skills
· Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
· Team player who provides appropriate feedback to management & team members
· Self-motivated individual who impacts the direction of the company & organization
· Demonstrated Leadership skills in at least one endeavor
· Ability to Guide and mentor Junior Engineers.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.